Jack & Jenn Week 2:
Follow along in this series as we learn about…
- Explore Jesus’ mission of inviting others to him, especially those who are considered by others as not worthy.
New International Version (NIV)
Zacchaeus the Tax Collector
19 Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. 2 A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. 3 He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd.4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.
5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” 6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.
7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”
8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything,I will pay back four times the amount.”
9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
- Who are the main characters in this story?
- What did Jack think he was invited to do at Jenn’s house?
- What did Jenn really invite him to do?
- The Big Voice said Jesus wanted us to invite people to do what?
- When more people are invited to Jesus, what are they excited to share?
- What does “manage your money” mean?
- Why did Jack need to remember to manage his money?
Both stories are about inviting others to learn about Jesus, and teach something about managing money. Today we’re exploring Community of Christ mission initiatives. We in Community of Christ want to do what Jesus did: invite and care for others in a big way to change their lives.