We have a nurse for part of Jr Camp; however not for the entire time.
We need a nurse for either the first of camp or the last half of camp.  We can be flexible.
The nurse (or they can be a certified in Indiana EMT) must be licensed in Indiana.
Please contact me, Kate Maymon or Jamiann Smith ASAP if you know of someone who might be willing to volunteer a couple of days.  We can pay; however would prefer not to if possible.
Jr Camp dates are July 9-13.

All camps and reunions, excluding retreats, must have at least one of the following on duty at all times, in order of preference:

  • Licensed Medical Doctor (who is willing to provide his or her own insurance)
  • Physician’s Assistant
  • Nurse Practitioner
  • Registered Nurse (RN)
  • Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), with first aid training
  • Paramedic
  • Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)

*Michigan Licensed First Aid Responders may be used in Michigan ONLY.

If one of these volunteer medical professionals cannot be recruited from within the Mission Center

  • one may be hired, or
  • one may be sought from a neighboring mission center.

All Licenses Must Be Current

Medical staff at camps and reunions must be licensed in the state where the campground is located and in each state where activities are to take place. Medical professional requirements differ among government jurisdictions. It is the responsibility of the campground boards and camp directors to understand and follow all local and state requirements.

It is best to tailor your medical professional to your activity. An outing with inherently dangerous activities, such as rappelling, would be best served by a professional with emergency medical training. A residential camp would be better served by one with nursing expertise.